Minister for Families and Children
St Leonard’s is an evangelical church in the centre of Exeter. We believe that the Bible and prayer are essential to the task of making disciples. We have a number of families and wish to appoint a full time Minister for families and children to serve in this vital area of ministry. We also want to reach out through our toddler groups and local school connections to the many in our area who do not know Christ.
As a member of the Senior Staff Team reporting to the Minister for Youth, you will work alongside the staff and volunteers.
- Overseeing the children’s ministry (for ages 0-11yrs) throughout the year in a variety of settings, to enable children to know Christ and start to grow as Christ’s disciples.
- Working closely with families encouraging their discipleship of their children
- Developing, training and leading a team of volunteers in this area of service who can teach God’s Word to children with passion and conviction.
- Developing a wider ministry amongst families to enable them to be brought to Christ and grow in maturity in Christ.
- Reaching out with the gospel to those with children in our area through ministry at schools and toddler groups.
- Supervising and training Ministry Associates serving within the children’s ministry.
Email firstname.lastname@example.org for more information.
Closing date for applications – 13 March 2019.